Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

Ah yes..the day all of the cashiers(of which I am one) dread..or at least thats what I'm told. Some of you may have heard horror stories about this dreaded day but I will say one thing. It's not as bad as it used to be. I say this with this being my first Black Friday so maybe I'm not that qualified to say that it isn't but this Black Friday was not bad at all. I timed it to dull down around 8:00 at the major chain I work at(that's right no telling unless you know me). Perhaps we have moved on from the days when a sale was a big deal. That being said while there was no running there was the audible noise of the Barbie jeeps being pulled off of the stack and the plastic wrap being ripped from the jeans display. Perhaps its because I live in a tiny town that it wasn't so busy but i only hope that maybe I'm right and the world has gained sanity in one thing at least.

No comments: